I’m toning down my goals a bit for Round 4 of ROW80 this year.
In particular, I’m not making my WIP, Conkers, an explicit goal this round.
Partly, that’s because I’m getting a bit tired of it, and would like to follow up on a few other ideas (some writing-related, some not). It’s also partly because I don’t know where to go from here; I need to read up on editing to achieve much with the draft.
A couple of people have suggested craft books to me; it’s at the point where I just need to buy and read one, which is my Conkers goal for this round.
I’m not doing the book-a-fortnight thing this round, but I do have a couple of heavy books I want to get through: Nineteen Eighty-Four and Titus Groan (first book of the Gormenghast trilogy).
As to writing goals: my biggest non-Conkers project is the Evil Overlord Sonnets, and they could certainly do with some more attention.
My final goals are:
- Find, buy, and read at least one book on writing.
- Finish reading Titus Groan.
- Finish reading Nineteen Eight-Four
- Each week, write either two sonnets, or at least 500 words of prose.
- (If I get time) read all 154 of Shakespeare’s sonnets
Good luck and happy writing!