This week I realised what my villain’s motive was, and started re-writing accordingly. As well as making more sense, the new draft lets me do away with most of the exposition-heavy intro I had before.
It definitely feels like the editing I’ve been doing is getting somewhere. :-)
However, I’ve still got to update the rest of the story to fit the changes. Provided I keep up my two days of editing a week, I should just about finish that this round.
As to my other goals: I wrote every day this week, but I’m behind on a blog post, which I let slide to focus on the short story.
Good luck and happy writing!