My goal this week was to edit five scenes of a story (one per day). That didn’t happen — but only because I didn’t start by re-writing scenes.
It begun with reading Jim Butcher’s writing Livejournal. He has something I’ve wanted for a while: a system for writing that should go straight to a working approach, instead of throwing nonsense at a wall until something sticks.
Mind you, I haven’t tried it in practice yet:
All those new ideas expanded my goals for the edit. I spent my four days (one short of goal) this week mapping out the current plot, to prepare for future structural changes.
It’s not editing progress yet, but it should give me somewhere to start.
(Programming continues to be neglected).
Good luck and happy writing!